Wednesday, May 7, 2014

25 reasons why women should weight train

For years I thought I was doing what I should be doing. When I was going to the gym, the first thing I would go to is the elliptical or the treadmills. I would stay on those 2 machines for a hour. Or I would only do the cardio DVDs and skip weight training days. I bet you are reading this, thinking, "Yeah that's what I do".
All Cardio.. No definition 


I thought for my best weight loss results, cadio was the way to go. To get my heart rate up and have a major sweet session. I didn't want to bulk up and look like the women who compete. I really thought by lifting for 30 minutes, 5-10 lbs, I was going to be the size John Cena in a skirt. Little did I know, I WASN'T GOING TO LOOK LIKE THAT!!

Like I said, I totally skipped the weight training DVDS with Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Last summer I JUMPED online the day they released T25. Upper Fix wasn't until the 5th week, but it happened to be my favoriteworkout! I was losing the belly and love handles with the cardio, but my shoulders and arms where really starting to form. Not only did I see it, but friends and family noticed. 

Insanity was next. No weights. Just good ol body weight and mother nature. So many push-ups and planks. The 21 day fix, same thing!! The weight was coming and staying off, but my body had transformed!! I am continuing the weights and push ups with p90x3. I now love wearing tank tops!

By adding in a Total Body work out complete with cardio and weight training, portion control and clean eating you will start seeing the results you have always wanted. Don't count on the scale. Take pictures and track inches.


Stop JUST the cardio. Start lifting. And if you weight train now, woo hoo!! You probably get what I mean with a total transformation.

So why should I strength train?

     1.      You’ll burn more body fat, and boost metabolism.
          2.      You’ll enjoy a leaner, more defined look.
  1. You’ll have stronger bones, and reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
           4.   You’ll burn more calories.
  1. You’ll lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels, and increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol levels.
  2. You’ll become stronger, and have better endurance.
  3. You’ll lose belly fat, because your body will actually store less fat (especially in the mid-section).
  4. You’ll have higher self-esteem, and feel empowered.
  5. You’ll reduce your risk of injury.
  6. You’ll have stronger joints.
  7. You’ll have a better feeling of overall well-being.
  8. You’ll perform better during any workout.
  9. You’ll reduce back pain.
  10. You’ll reduce your risk of heart disease.
  11. You’ll lower your blood pressure.
  12. You’ll reduce your risk of diabetes.
  13. You’ll feel happier, and feel more confident.
  14. You’ll improve balance, and coordination.
  15. You’ll lose body fat.
  16. You’ll have more energy.
  17. You’ll slim down.
  18. You’ll improve your posture.
  19. You’ll lower your risk of breast cancer.
  20. You’ll reduce PMS symptoms.
  21. You’ll boost your immune system, and catch fewer colds.
Adding strength training routines to your weight loss program as a part of a varied fitness regimen can provide you all of the benefits listed above, and more!

This picture was taken several months after the one above. I weigh more in the shorts then the dress. The last pic I have a flat belly and no love handles. 


                                               A little something to get you started

    



No comments :

Post a Comment